Friday, July 13, 2007

27 Weeks

I'm officially in the last week of my 6th month and the last week of my 2nd trimester. I swear I just got pregnant day before yesterday...or wasn't that last week.

It's odd watching the transformation that pregnancy takes. In the beginning you feel like each day is dragging on, there is no hope of feeling good and you just want to sleep...but you can't. Oh for the love of God just to be pregnant and safe you'd do anything. Or at least I would do anything.

Then it just labors along and one day your looking at a calendar and it dawns on you that in a little over a month you'll be out on Maternity Leave and you start losing sight of your feet and your belly button gets bossy about sticking out. You're leaking things, your stretched out, if you aren't me you are probably swollen and for some odd reason... you like it. I kinda like being pregnant. It's a joy to feel someone moving in there. I like the attention and I admit it. I like the eating. Oh God all the guilt free eating.

I miss margaritas. I miss sleeping on my stomach. That's about it.

At 27 weeks the baby has taken up tumbling. Usually she waits to start until I start eating. Which, by the way, makes me want to stop eating very quickly. At 27 weeks, people at work start asking when you're due and carrying heavy objects for you because now you look like it might be akward to move. At 27 weeks your graceful body movements have all been replaced with flailing that your husband laughs at when you are trying to get out of bed.

And, at 27 weeks, hope goes from being a small little light at the end of a very long dark tunnel to being a part of every sentence, every breath, every stretchmark and every internal thump.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the pregnancy, despite all the challenges and discomforts. I remember loving being pregnant with Ben. It was lovely to experience all of those things for the first time, knowing that as a result, I'd finally have the baby of my dreams.