Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A letter to my editor

Dear Nesting Instinct,

Please stop calling. I have tried to make it clear to you that your services will not be needed at this time. We do NOT need to organize the sock basket. There is no overwhelming reason to sort our hangers by color. What we really need is patience and rest which your service does not provide.

I realize that my pregnancy is an impending event and that for you it seems like a limited time only sale but I'd like to reassure you that I tend to nest several times a year without hormonal prompting and will be contacting you some time after moving and some time near Christmas. The next time I get upset enough to clean, I promise you'll be the first to know.

Not to seem contrary because I do love you, little instinct, but I just don't have time to love you well right now. I'm much to busy doing the budget over and over in my head and thinking about food. We had a good thing... but it's time has passed.

Sincerely,
7 months pregnant and planning a move

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm totally there with you on this. A couple nights ago, I was cramping so badly that I'd be squealing every time I was walking around... but I was overcome with a really intense desire to nest and clean. I kept getting back up to put a toy away or push a chair in. Eventually, my husband sat down next to me and yelled at me whenever I stirred.