Monday, July 09, 2007

This weekend was the dumps

This weekend we rented a 14 ft. dumpster. The trash company parked it in the street outside our house on Friday morning and on Saturday the boys loaded it up as we started purging things we don't need. Important things like the arch way from our wedding, two dead christmas trees, apricot branches, broken dryers and highchairs that don't work right. Into the dumpster it all went on one of the hottest weekends of the year and they'll be picking it up today and taking it away so that I never have to see it again.

I have only one page of my 9 page list left to do. Almost none of it can be done until our room-mate moves out at the end of the month. Everyday I pick it up and look at it and then set it back down because there isn't anything to do on it. The hubby has been slowly painting nursery furniture and I've washed all the hand me down baby clothes and sorted them into drawers.

I've offered about 12 people $25 to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors. No one has taken me up on the offer so today I'm going to ask the OBGYN at my appt if I can be taking off the list that involves no heavy lifting or straining so that I can get in there and do it myself. I think I'm officially fed up with waiting.

That goes for everything... I'm officially fed up with waiting.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You have my sympathy dear. My current angst revolves around the fact that I know I'm supposed to be quitting my job in a month and a half and part of me wants it to happen tomorrow, and the other part is just stressing about the budget. As for prepping for the new little one? Yeah. Like that's going to happen. I have a silly amount of tiny pink sleepers, though, that I've washed and folded over and over again, and I did finally buy the new carseat this morning.