Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Auto-Pilot

I wake up for the second day in a row 10 minutes before the alarm goes off. The urgent need to pee pulls me out of bed, past the rotating fan which has been keeping me cool and over a pile of laundry from last night at the end of the bed. I take note to the fact that the cat has taken residence on the bed directly on top of my husband and is staring at his face while he sleeps. I giggle as I stumble past the half open bedroom door into the cool dark living room and immediately knock over a soda can someone left by the side of the couch the night before.

When I bend over to pick it up I remember just how urgent that need to pee was and I pick up a little speed waddling my pregnant body to the kitchen door and across the cold tile. I drop the can into the recycle bin as the cat races past me into the restroom. I have no kids but I already pee with an audience most mornings. I notice the laundry room door is open and I make a mental note to shut it when I come out of the bathroom.

The laundry room is covered in big windows that face the direct sunlight most of the day. Closing them keeps the house cool. I have taped a note to the door to remind people. Unfortunately, the cat can't read and she can open a door knob.

I stumble into the bathroom and find the relief I was looking for. By the time I am finished the cat is bored and meowing to get back out of the bathroom. I set her free and shut the laundry room door. I hear the alarm go off in the bedroom and listen as my disgruntled husband stumbles to turn it off. Well, I guess that's done.

I step back into the bathroom and start the shower. Hot water at our house takes at least 3 minutes so I pull the rubber band out of my bed head from last nights pony tail, remove my grandma nightgown (which is the only comfortable thing I can sleep in now that I am pregnant) and take note that my boobs look like they belong to someone else now that I am in my 29th week.

The glaring light from the small window in the bathroom makes it impossible to use the bathroom mirror for much before 7:30. It's only 7 am so I hold my hand up to attempt to block some of the light while I look closely at my face. Pregnancy does strange things to your face. Although, I don't have acne yet I seem to look flushed all the time. "The glow", I could live without that.

Steam finally starts coming from the other side of the shower curtain so I step in to start my daily routine. Finally, I am awake enough to actually think. My first thought... this won't be my routine much longer. Two weeks from now my routine will be in another house, a house where I don't have to walk the entire floor plan in order to get to the bathroom. Then, just a few weeks after that there will be a baby. Someone down the hall that wants my attention before I pee, before shower and before I wake up enough to think.

I wonder how long it will take for that new routine to start running on auto-pilot as I begin shaving my legs in peace...a luxury I don't plan on having for much longer.

2 comments:

Candace said...

shaving legs? Hmmm what is that? It takes a lot less time than you imagine for your new life with a baby to seem natural. Quite early on I couldn't really remember life pre-baby. That other life just seemed unnatural any more!

Anonymous said...

ll see much better results with this diet plan than you
would with others that use some generic formula to calculate your
nutrient needs. Many people wish to increase their lean
muscle mass and create your toned, developed body that is not only aesthetically
attractive, but strong and healthy additionally. Yes, obviously,
it is the most affordable way of buying protein since all you want to do is to
obtain those egg whites with a tray of offspring.

Look at my page; Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer Review