Friday, July 27, 2007

29 Weeks

This weekend is going to be super packed at our house. Jon's cousin and her family from the San Diego area will be up visiting. That means family dinner tonight, my sister-in-law's baby shower tomorrow morning, the county fair with family tomorrow night, and probably brunch on Sunday morning. This is also the weekend that hypothetically the room-mate moves out. I haven't heard much about that one but I know her word is good so she's probably got a whole plan I don't know about. We'll start packing for our move on Monday probably while we wait for the landlord to get back from her vacation to give us the keys. None of that has anything to do with being 29 weeks pregnant. And that's the thing about this week. I haven't had time to be really pregnant.

I'm too busy to worry about the baby kicking, I'm too booked to notice if my feet are swollen and I'm too planned to have time to be really really tired. I am struggling with the age old fear of going out on maternity leave and then coming back and being fired because they figured out they can live without me. I go out on maternity leave in exactly one month. Hopefully, by then the boxes will be unpacked at the new place and I can spend some time nesting like a normal pregnant lady.

Things I have noticed about 29 weeks pregnant are few. I'm starting to get anxious. I'm a little moody and I really really wanted ribs the other night. I have a huge sense of needing my family right now that isn't panning out very well. Other than that, it's the same old thing... just with less days to go...77 in case you're keeping track.

No comments: