Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July and the 100 day count-down

Our 4th of July was pretty typical of the last one before we have kids. We went to a friends house and swam, ate pizza, the boys drank beer, the girls floated around in the sun. It was very very typical. It was also super fun. We played liars dice and we joked around. I enjoyed it.

What we didn't do was go see the typical small town fireworks show...instead we decided they weren't worth the drive, traffic, parking situation and then crowds. Instead we kept swimming, eating and laughing which I think was a much better option.

4th of July for me was something totally different than it was for everyone else. The 4th was the start of the 100 day count-down. In 100 days (or slightly less, I will have a baby). The Dr has already agreed to induce me if we aren't in labor by the 12th of October. My original due date was the 2nd but I'm using the 12th for the countdown just to be safe.

This weekend we are renting a large dumpster to clean out some things that have no value and are clogging up our lives. 100 days till the baby is here... I can feel the nesting welling up in me... or maybe that's just kicking.

No comments: