Monday, July 16, 2007

Disappointing Weekends

Friday after work I was tired and I wanted to swim so my friend C invited me over for a nice dip in the pool and afterwards we met up with the boys for dinner at Angelini's and then everyone went home fat and happy.

Saturday morning was our first birthing class at Emanuel Medical Center. Now I really liked the lady who taught this class. Her name was Cheryl. She was fun, energetic she covered things clearly and she was just cool. Having said that I didn't learn anything I didn't already know but after the massage section I did go home and take a nice nap for the first time in awhile.

After the class we talked to Batman on the phone and he ended up coming over. There was pizza and then Batman, the hubby and C went to the movies to see the new Harry Potter. I've never missed a HP movie in the theatre but I was just plain tired so I stayed home. Ok, that's not true at all.

I stayed home and cried and bleached things. But, I can't talk about it here because the person who made me feel abandoned already thinks I attacked her once in my blog and if I actually wrote what I was thinking...attacking someone would be a polite view of the situation. So this paragraph should be considered a non-attack...for the record. I'm just bitter, disappointed and done trying... not necessarily in that order.

Sunday morning we got up and had a healthy McD's breakfast on the run towards our second birthing class. Day two of the birthing class was taught by a woman whose general teaching style made you want to stab out your own eyeballs with your pencil or smother yourself with a pillow. To make matters worse she went an hour late.

After a tour of the hospital we were starving so we went to Sweetriver saloon. SS is known for it's lack of service and bad air conditioning. But, I really wanted a fisherman's platter so we stuck it out. Batman ended up meeting us for dinner.

The boys went to rent movies but when we arrived home we found the roommate on the couch with her boyfriend, sweating out a pretty horrible case of the flu. We decided to leave them put so we set the movies aside and played a few games of Munchkin (which is a great card game by the way) and I ended up going to bed at 9:30 while the boys watche Happily Never After. Judging by the number of times I woke up to people laughing it had to be a decent movie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that your weekend wasn't all that you had hoped for... better days are a comin'!

praying, praying, praying...

Anonymous said...

Allie,
You know you can talk to me about it if you need someone to talk to. I'll be praying for you!

But hey... pedi's and mani's tomorrow! Woot woot!

Candace said...

Sorry your weekend was a bust! Hope your week is better.

Deb said...

Hi Allie. I stumbled across your blog - always a joy to find other Christian women out there! I read through some of your past posts and am so thankful for you that the Lord has blessed you with not only marriage but a baby on its way as well! :) He hasn't chosen to give me either yet, but I'm hopeful...and of course I know His plans and timing are perfect, still patience isn't always easy. Anyhow, I will bookmark your blog and check it periodically - and will add you to my prayer list.