Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Updatable

I'm to the part in my pregnancy where when people ask me questions I have to decide what kind of friend they are before I answer them.

I barely know you? Oh... ok... well then the pregnancy is great, very easy in fact and I'm looking forward to three more months of being kicked from the inside.

I know you a little better than the next guy? Oh... ok... well in that case I am doing good now but the beginning was hard and now I have a very high anxiety about labor.

I really know you? Oh in that case... The beginning was hard but it's pretty easy now that I'm not hormonal all the time from trying to just stay pregnant. I'm highly frustrated because I can't nest and I can't clean because my house is covered in stacks of little pink clothing and baby bedding I can't put away for another 27 days (not that I'm counting but boy am I counting). I'm tired of people touching me with out asking. I'd really appreciate it if my mom would stop putting her head to my stomach and talking to the baby because it tickles. I'm tired of going pee and parts of me are leaking interesting substances. But, other than that... it's great really.

See the thing is that I really like being pregnant. I really don't mind it much but I'm starting to have a lot of labor anxiety (which sometimes goes away when I hear about other people's labors) and I'm struggling with the true test of lack of control and patience God put into this little tiny person with little tiny feet kicking my pelvic bone.

I've also decided that pregnant women milk it. I don't want to be a martyr mom. I don't want to be unrealistic either but I think some people I know are just milking their pregnancy for all it's worth. And they aren't being realistic about it in the slightest.

It's not that bad. It's not wonderful. It is a miracle and I'm glad we got to do it. I'll probably even be willing to do it again baring the worst birth ever...

But, is it update worthy? Not really... most of the things I want to say every pregnant woman says. It's not that updatable unless you want to know about my strange sex dreams and the fact that I no longer am willing to eat certain foods.

It's just what it is... and depending on how well I know you... I'll tell you exactly how it is.

No comments: