Monday, July 23, 2007

Movin' On Up

Friday night someone scared me to death. This particular unknown someone decided to jiggle my door handle while I was home alone in bed and as much as I love a good thriller movie I don't particularly like living in an attempted burglary episode of Law & Order.

For awhile now, the hubby and I have toyed with the "what if's" of getting a new place to live as soon as I returned to work from maternity leave. After Friday we spent a lot of time talking about how real that possibility really was.

On a whim I did a budget and called a few places in the paper. One of the first places we looked at and the first landlords we talked to were this cute elderly couple named Betty & Bill who were renting their 3 bedroom, 2 bath house for the going rate, in a great neighborhood, near good schools and close to my work.

We decided to apply. Bad credit and the great unknown loomed above us but 24 hours later we were approved for a new house on the good side of the tracks. Assuming all goes well we'll be moving in the middle of next month. Thusly, the pictures of the nursery will be delayed...but will come with lots of other pictures of our new pad.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's awesome. Sounds like a great plan. It'll be not-so-wonderful to have to move while you're pregnant, but the end result is worth it.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what this is doing to your list.... I'd be going nuts right now!! I'll be praying it all works according to God's will.

Candace said...

Wow Congrats!! That is awesome for you!!!

Courtney said...

Yeah for moving! Let me know if you'll need help painting. Moving is already on the calendar.