Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Weeks Ahead

The next two weeks are set to be very busy. There are Drs appointments, two birthday parties (one first and one 80th), the start of swim lessons, baby nutrition classes, salvation army pick ups, a four day long sleepover for a toddler neice, a wedding and a good friend finally coming home. I'm already tired and it hasn't even started yet.

Layla has taken to getting up at 5:30 in the morning and since she's discovered crawling, climbing, walking along things and talking loudly...well... let's just say when baby ain't happy ain't nobody happy. By today I was a zombie. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and slept till this morning at 6 am. Then I took a nap. I even dozed off once while text messaging while the boys played video games in the other room and the baby took a nap.

Tonight is my favorite TV night of the week. But I'm hoping that tomorrow night, I can get to bed early one more time. I've got several errands to run tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. But, Lord willing, they will all pan out well and I won't have to worry about having things to wear to any of the events above.

What does one wear to a wedding in the foothills? How about to an 80th bday party in 100 degree heat while holding a hot infant?

Things have been taking a lot of unexpected and welcomed turns over here lately so I'll post more on that later this week. Let's just say it might get a lot more crowded at our house...and no I'm not pregnant mom.

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

Damn!
But you guys did such a lovely job making Layla...
:)
I'm not giving up hope, although, I have new respect and a little sympathy for you, I'm still recovering and all I did was play :)
Allie, your daughter is such a total delight, her eyes when she's absorbing people and her environment, it's magical...
and the whispering 'nannananan' and 'i get you' and even her frustration at a day in a car seat and 'OUT'"OUT"OUT"
too adorablistic...
You're doing a wonderful job, she's unafraid of most people, but you know, even Layla knows weird when she sees it!
And her determination to get that candy bag out of grandpa's drawer through the handle hole! Ha! And Pops opened it for her and what did she do? She closed it and got it out HER WAY, it took a while but man she was sure pleased with herself wasnt she?
I could watch her all day, admittedly I nap when she does (I'm old dag nab it)
Anyway... I understand why you go to bed early but isnt a wonderful reason to get up at 5AM?
I love you both so very much
~Mom