Thursday, July 03, 2008

It's like working at the Food Network

Today the hubby and I are getting ready for the Fourth of July. We've got fireworks ready to light and booze in the fridge getting it's chill on. The hubby mopped the floor and entertained the baby and I got a head start on cooking.

I made Jon's mom's tuna macaroni salad (but I used mini Farfalle), I made brocolli salad, pretzel salad, new potato salad, and deviled eggs. I also prepped a veggie tray, a Courtney Corn Casserole and I have the stuff ready to make Lazy Housewives Cobbler and Chocolate Brownies.

Jon and I will also be having BBQ chicken but it's a bring your own meat BBQ so I don't have to worry about prepping for a large load of carnivores. By eliminating the meat from my budget, already having food on stock and having a lot of the salad stuff already we'll be having a party for around $60. That includes the $35 fireworks.

I'm very excited about Layla's first fourth of July and I'll make sure I take lots of pictures for her site.

No comments: