Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What are you looking for?

As a people we have a God who's long past the burning bush. But, I think sometimes we forget how simple God's guidance can be. Little things, one at a time roll themselves into place and we stand there saying... I'm just waiting for God to tell me it's the right thing or the right time.

I wonder sometimes if the thing we are waiting for isn't for God to let us know his plan but for ourselves to give up on the plan we as humans thought we'd have for ourselves.

Do we sometimes shrug off God's will for convenience while pretending to be blind to his gifts? If God was stalking you right at this moment would you even notice? Or would you always need just one more thing to know for sure....

What are we looking for? Floods? Burning bushes? A direct call from heaven?

When I was converting to Christianity I spent a lot of time being stalked by God. I could always shrug it off as just another thing that happened. Odd, how a thousand little notches can fall into place making a rung on a ladder and you can even start climbing that ladder but all the way your head will fight it.

This year I decided to just let go of my thoughts. It's been a constant struggle. Especially now when the thing I want more than anything just hangs in the balance of someone else making a choice.

So I wait, and while I wait I make a conscience decision to watch for God, not on the horizon, not in my heart, but right here in the loving people he has placed around me. It may not always be what I was expecting or what I thought I was looking for... but the little signs mean more to me at this point than any burning rose bush.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I know exactly what you mean! God has pretty much been slapping me in the face just to get me to see past my nose so to speak lol. Things would be much easier if we actually opened ourselves up to what He is saying!