Sunday, September 28, 2008

10 EASY WAYS TO BURN 100 CALORIES

I don't know about you but I sometimes think back to the body I had before baby and think "why me god why me"... "why are my boobs looking downhill?"... "why aren't my abs hard anymore?" ... I mean afterall... I weighed nearly 40 lbs MORE than I do right now before I had the baby but carrying a baby made me look deflated and flat.

The reason? The baby keeps me busy doing things that aren't so "busy".

So here are some easy ways that take less than 30 minutes to burn calories during one of the nap times or quiet times in your day. Remember... if you do one of these calories while HOLDING a baby you will burn MORE calories and also qualify to be a martyr. Ok maybe not that last part... I might have made that martyr thing up.

So here are 10 easy ways to burn 100 calories today...


1. Steady cycling for 10 minutes
2. Doing a fitness video for 10-15 minutes
3. Brisk walking for 15 minutes
4. Stair climbing for 15-20 minutes (IN A ROW... 1 trip up or down every 5 minutes doesn't count)
5. Housework for 20 minutes (by housework we do not mean making a to do list for the hubby)
6. Gardening for 25-30 minutes (Or picking up 1000 lawn toys for the same amount of time while shouting "stay away from the street!!")
7. Washing and waxing the car for 20-30 minutes (or cleaning the floor of food debris on your hands and knees for the same of time (briskly))
8. Dancing for 20 minutes (this includes the Wiggles "where's jeff" or "dance like an emu" songs)
9. Grocery shopping for 30-40 minutes (Target counts too)
10. Pushing a lawn mower for 15-20 minutes (Or a stroller, filled with a screaming child who is throwing their weight around)

No comments: