Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Chase

She is laying on the floor with her feet in the air singing "i-e-i-e-o" and when I correct her she shakes her head no at me and sings it again. Defiant.

After the third verse she turns her head slightly to my direction and flashes me a wicked little smile. A smile I have seen before but never on her face. The light dances in her eyes and the corner of her lips curl up as she sings a little louder... "i-e-i-e-o".

"E-I-E-I-O!" I sing loudly, thrusting myself down on to the area rug next to her and attacking her with kisses and tickles. Then I quickly crawl away and sit in a corner where she chases me, pretending to tickle my legs and give me open mouth kisses on my thighs.

I pretend to squeel and giggle and run away again. This time she sings out "i-e-i-e-o" instead of chasing me and as I crawl towards her I growl out " no it's E-I-E-I-O" and she shakes her head a playful no.

Wickedly sarcastic giggles errupt from her torso and her body grows taller as she throws her hands up in the air and yells "all done" and then she collapses on the floor again with her feet sticking out in each direction.

Defiant, confident, playful, sarcastic, energetic with a touch of witty. She is our child. His sarcasm, my joyful teasing and both of our twinkle. The most beautiful twinkle I've ever seen.

No comments: