Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prompted by God

So I can't think of anything to blog about today so I go to my favorite random prompt generator...and this is what I get...

describe a family member who you used to be close to and no longer are...
has a family member ever lied to you, how did you deal with it...
what bothers you most about YOUR religion...
describe your relationship with your in-laws or step-parents...
explain one thing about your family that other people might mis-understand...
desribe a time a person you looked up to disappointed you...
what topics do you have a hard time blogging about...

"phew" for a second there I thought I was going to have to write something real and deep and personal. I almost gave in and did it.

I have a hard time blogging about my relationship with my family lately. I have a hard time blogging about when I am struggling with something and I can't wrap my head around it. I have a hard time blogging about sex, politics and the weather.

Mostly, I have a hard time picking a topic when I have a head cold, a sick kid, and I'm out of milk so I can't make myself a nice cup of tea with milk and sugar. That's a real pisser to blog around.

I have also for the most part stopped blogging about books I have read or will be reading because know one ever comments on those so I think no one reads them. I moved all the recipe blogs over to fat girl eats and there has been one a day there for the last 2 weeks that no one is reading and I have a hard time posting a sentence like that because I feel like I'm fishing for comments.

I have a hard time blogging about blogging. I have a hard time blogging about nothing and I have a hard time not resorting to a week straight of bullet point blogs and lists about nothing.

Lately, I just have a hard time blogging. It's like back when the entire church read my blog and I had to worry about them judging me only now I'm worried that I'm not allowed to be me and the person I'm "allowed" to be isn't someone I want to blog about.

But, I'm almost over it.

No comments: