Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Saga of Mother In Laws

I've had a couple emails and comments about the fact that there was never another post about the mother-in-law "situation".

There won't be one.

This has always been a place where I have talked about anything I wanted to. That's part of what made it beautiful and pure like those strange people who make art out of other people's trash. But the truth is, I can't make this pure.

I am muddled. I can't even talk to her about it. For many reasons, I doubt my own ability to stay calm and focused. I doubt my own ability to believe what I am told based on what I was told 2 years later last time.

Basically, I have doubt. Most of it lies in me. I doubt that I am Christian enough to not break things further by trying to fix them. My husband who is much calmer and much more rational took a second pass at trying to know what was broken... and came back more broken from the journey.

Not everything in life needs to be fixed. Somethings are nice when they are broken. Perhaps someday God will make this into one of those things.

So I leave it with grace and love and a shut mouth (which is rare for me) until God makes it clear that this is something I can't avoid any longer.

And he will...

Because he's God and he likes to shake things up...

So I wait.

No comments: