Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cheesy Balls


Usually when Jon's cousin visits we spend at least part of the time drinking adult beverages and having large gatherings of assorted people. This time before she came down she expressed a desire to hang out with just us (with or without adult beverages one night) and not have a group encounter other than Layla's birthday party. So we enjoyed our time with her when she was available and found other things to do when she went off to spend time with her friends or Jon's sister. It was really mellow for our house. I liked it more than I anticipated.
On the last night she was here we decided to have a "date night" which really wasn't a date for anyone but me and Jon. We went to a nice adult dinner where there was no drama and a designated driver who didn't need to drive because we never got that far. Then we swapped cars while someone swapped into warmer clothing and played a quick round of putt putt golf.
Anyone who knows me knows I can NOT putt putt golf. So imagine my suprise when I was the top score on the top half of the course, making 2 hole in 1 shots and coming in second overall. My excuse for doing so well? I think it might have been the giant purse I toted through the entire experience.
And as for the hanging out in small groups? LOVED it! I never book Jon's cousins time for her and even more so because I knew we were getting solo time Saturday night, I got to enjoy the rest of my time without worrying about how I booked MY time.
Once Jon's cousin headed home, I clicked through the 30 pictures I took that night, and I found this one. I decided to only post one. The giant purse...who gave me 2 hole in one shots!

No comments: