Saturday, September 13, 2008

When Relationships Change

I recently got invited to something that in previous years I would have been excited to go to. But, you see, now my relationship with that person is changed. It's not a bad relationship (I don't think) but it's just different and now I'm not sure it's good enough to warrant me going.

(Because I know the maker of Oktoberfest is reading this and thinks it might be her...it's not you... I totally still love you darling LOL)

I hadn't really thought about dealing wiht this different relationship. I figured things would just go on the way they had but as time brought up an opportunity I find myself laying in bed thinking of all the things that "could go wrong" and make things worse in this broken relationship.

Plus, now my trust is gone so I assume in some part of me that this might be a trick or trap even though it could very well be nothing.

It's a strange thing when a relationship changes because you spend a lot of time looking back on the way it was...and the truth of the matter is it may never get back to the way it was. So then you're stuck there wondering if you even want to deal with what it's changing into.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Phew! My heart was sinking and panic was setting in! I know Miss Bug's birthday party is earlier in the day, but I hope you guys can still make it.