Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello J-O-B opportunity, it's nice to meet you

Today I had an informal interview for a job I'd really like to get at a local school district running the after school program for TWO elementary schools. It would combine my overwhelming desire to work with kids and run my own day care with my real life skills of organization, implementation and planning.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I'm in the final running and I find myself day dreaming about what might be. So before the interview when my stomach was tumbling I said a little prayer in the car and texted some people to pray for me as well.

Then, to my best friend I sent the test "me = nervous" and recieved a text back as I was walking into the office "me= confident in you".

My confidence swelled a little knowing someone else truly believed I could make it and I spent the next half an hour talking, laughing, discussing and trying to peg all the necessary job skills off a mental check list...one by one while not seeming too obvious.

And now I wait...

So the next text might read "me = not confident while waiting impatiently"

But at least I got the chance to try.

3 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

I prayed, as requested :) and often I pray when it's not requested :P
But remember Allie, trust that God will give you direction and as always 'His will be done'
I love you! And I'm always proud of you!

Lynn said...

And I thought you would think me cheeseball at best. lol.. I heart you too!

Courtney said...

I'm a bad friend that didn't reply to the text. But I said a little prayer for you!