Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Bugs Over It

So a month before her birthday my daughter has decided she is pretty much done with most of the toys we currently own. When you hand her a toy she'll quickly go through the motions of doing everything it does once and toss it aside. I think she's ready to shake things up a little.

Up until now I've had a stash in the closet (things I paced out from Christmas that she hasn't been old enough for) and that's all empty. I find myself offering token items to entertain her while I do dishes or clean up.

Who wants to play with a stack of tupperware and plastic spoons? Your kid... well... not mine.

There are 24 days until Layla's birthday but Jon and I have already talked about getting her present from us and giving it to her this weekend to entertain her for awhile. It's not like she'll know she got it early.

On an upside all the decorations for her party are purchased and the basic party supplies. Now I just need food (which I'll be making the week of) and a cake (which I'm SOOO going to have to buy being as I don't have cake skills like Sarah).

No comments: