Sunday, September 28, 2008

When Company Comes

Do you ever get that overwhelming urge to change your entire house because company is coming? Yea, me too. Clean it up, stack it nicely, put your bath tub ducks in a row.

Well... now I have a 1 year old. It just doesn't work out the way it used to.

So this week when Jon's cousin Sarah came to visit we didn't really clean up much. You know we washed the sheets and what not but no deep cleaning the carpets. We also didn't focus on being the biggest best birthday party around this year for Layla's first birthday.

The combination of which was a great weekend. (despite people trying to get the best of me) We managed to have a great time, we spent some time alone with our guest, some time out with friends and everyone went to bed at a reasonable hour.

Layla's party... it was wonderful. But that's another post. Pictures of it are up on her blog starting now (and probably trickling in for the rest of the week).

Regrets? I didn't eat until much too late yesterday. I didn't get a picture with my Dad and Teri holding the baby at the party (I'm hoping someone else did). I can't find my favorite underwear (unrelated but I still regret it).

Not much considering it's been a busy four days. Now I'm going to call my BFF and get my BS on.

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

It was a wonderful party!!
Are you gonna post the Grandma Bench pic??? :) The official LAYLA FAN CLUB boosters bench?? :)