Monday, April 13, 2009

Don't Call it Bunny Day


101 pictures, $100 dollars and 99 bad jokes later...Easter is over. The planner in me is already acknowledging the next holiday on the list and the mommy in me wants a nap.


Easter was a lot more fun when I was 4 and there was no work. Although, apparently it gets fun again when you become a grandparent and you get to sugar up a kid for a whole day and laugh at them.


Layla had a lot of sugar yesterday. The result was the two fold, it was the first time she ever yelled in the house just to be loud, and there was a lot of running in circles.


The most memorable moment from Easter though would be my child fully clothed in her Easter dress getting into a bowl of water in the back yard to play. And, because I am cool mom, I just took pictures and let her do it. You're only little once.


Pictures will be up on Layla's site soon. In the meantime, here is one to hold you over (pre Easter dress...but during the bunny ears phase).

4 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

Papa Glen and I had a lovely day with you all. Layla is very entertaining!
Thanks Allie & Jon.

Mel said...

She looks adorable in her little bunny ears!!!!

Meredith said...

Please, please please share one of her in the dress in the water! For my daughter it was in her dress and she smooshed a dirty diaper. ARGH! I promise if you share Layla's water pictures I WON'T share the Anneka dirty pictures!!!

BTW -I'm just kidding there are no pictures of that disaster. I promise!

Layla's Nana said...

You are a "cool Mom" Allie, you're so aware that a dress that won't fit next year, soaking wet and clinging to the world's happiest baby is way better than that perfectly presentable white gloves and shoes, don't you dare get dirty child... I also like the way you'll allow her to play in rain showers and stomp in water puddles... your daughter is joyful because you ALLOW her to be

GOOD JOB, I'm proud of you!