Sunday, April 26, 2009

What, another playdate?


This week Layla's plate has been really full...so has Mommy's. Layla ended up getting to play with Aiden & Collin, North and Pheonix all within a couple days of each other. By the last playdate which was with Lynn & Pheonix she was pretty well ok with the concept of playing together. A couple times she ran up to him and tried to get him to play along. She only hit once and it was to try and get his attention. Pheonix who wasn't feeling well and who isn't used to playing with other kids his age was totally freaked out the whole time.
At first I lectured her a bit about the first "hit" where she scared him. After that I let her figure out on her own that he just wasn't interested in playing with her. As luck would have it, a couple hours after we took them back home Georgie came over and played long and hard with Layla for about an hour and a half. So when she went to bed I didn't feel quite as bad as I did earlier in the day that she wasn't having enough fun on her weekend with Mommy.
All Mommy's go through that, the wanting more or less out of playdates. Layla isn't getting enough kid interaction as far as I am concerned so we're going to pick up some more toddler activities soon. She's not a bully yet, but I don't want her to be one. She's not a cry baby anymore, which is good because that get's old fast no matter who's kid is whining. Now we're in the middle somewhere in desperate need of a sibling or a Baby BFF.

2 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

I vote sibling!!!!!

Candace said...

I always worry about Anna because she doesn't feel the need to do exactly what the other kids are doing. Or if she wants to sometimes she is to scared or shy to go up and try to join in. It breaks my heart because I am the kinda girl to be right in the middle of things. I feel like she is missing out on so much but the truth is most of the time she is happy doing what she wants to do and not what others want to do. She even has kids follow her sometimes. They will work it all out for themselves. We just have to give them the opportunities to do that!