Sunday, April 05, 2009

Many Little Milestones


It's amazing how quickly kids check off one milestone after another. That first year was measured by months and weeks for rolling over, sitting up, walking but the second year... it seems to be measured in moments.
Last night Layla said "asian". Why? Because it sounded like fun when someone else at the house said it and everyone laughed. She sleeps in a big girl bed, she uses a booster seat, she wipes her own face, and she now uses the following sentence for permission to watch movies ... "O a moovie, I watch , see it."
That's all just stuff she started doing this week. Two of those things are within the last 3 days.
It's crazy how fast she's developing. Yesterday she tried shaking a shelf to get the items (candies) at the top to fall down to her (just like Balou does for bananas in jungle book) and it worked. She brought them to me and asked me to 'popin it pease' (pop it open please).
I feel like I would have to blog every day from start to finish to be able to even slightly remember all the cool stuff she does each day. Of course, I'm too lazy for that...so you get posts like this instead.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How cute :) I imagine it's a bittersweet feeling when watching your baby grow up.. and it seems to happen so fast.

I can't wait to experience it all though :)