Saturday, April 04, 2009

Joy

I was prompted for yet another blog MIME thingy. This one is about JOY. I'm supposed to list 6 things (random number no?) which give me joy and tag 2 other people to do that same. So... here I go...

I get a lot of joy from reading fiction books about supernatural creatures which I can relate to. I enjoy the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs because the lead character reminds me of my friend Lynn. I love the Succubus Blues books by Richelle Mead because the erractic book store employees remind me of a job I once had working Renaissance faires. I love the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyers because I love the witty banter between Bella and Edward (more evident in the book than the movie). I love the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris because the southern locals remind me of people in my family, and the people I grew up around. I also have a found place in my heart for the Kelley Armstrong books about the Clairvoyant Chloe Saunders because she wants to be so normal in an environment that is filled with other people's drama. Who can't relate to that.

I ironically get the same amount of joy from Hallmark movies. I especially like the Love series which follows a family of Christian settlers who have to make there way through a harsh land following what God tells them to do. (Not anything like the supernatural stuff I read I assure you).

I get a great amount of joy from cooking, eating, reading about and otherwise exploring new foods. I love the time of year when the produce stands are open and everything is fresh and wonderfully ripe smelling in the summer sun. I love bringing those foods home and making them to share with my friends and family. I also love going out to eat so that I can bring ideas about new things to try home with me.

I love and get great joy from spending time with my family and friends playing games and laughing about nothing. I'm definitely a people person. I love boring moments in front of a movie with the hubby or chasing the baby around the kitchen dancing like a dork. I enjoy when company comes calling and stays longer than expected and when people come to visit.

I get joy from feeling compelled. I don't care if it's that tugging of your heart strings by God himself, a test from the devil that you've got to beat, the words of a friend, the sentiments of stranger or even the songs of the windchimes in the breeze. I love that wind makes me want to twirl, twilight makes me want to whisper and my dreams make me want to explore the life I have been given.

I tag Lynn (who likes having things to write about) and Courtney (who might actually do this if I tag her)

No comments: