Thursday, May 07, 2009

Me & James

I wish my life were less in need of James Allen quotes but I find myself thinking of them often now-a-days when life keeps testing me and I keep failing. There are moments when they just pop up in front of me and I sort of giggle to myself.

When I want to ripe into the girl at the cell phone company for making an unbelievable commitment to make feel like sh*t for just asking questions & I fit the urge until we get off the phone remaining civil to the very end...

Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

When my husband and I get into a "what if" conversation about the future which for him is just blowing smoke and being chill and for me is the small glimmer of hope and I spend the next two days wondering beyong wonder if we could really pull it off someday...

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

When I have trouble staying motivated at work because my manager has no idea what sort of things make me want to take ownership in the things I do and things around me that could make the company I work for great...

For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?

And then there are those moments in the dead of night when I can't sleep and my thoughts drag me down wicked roads into wild games I do not wish to play and I lay in the darkness trying to remind myself...

A man has to learn that he cannot command things, but that he can command himself; that he cannot coerce the wills of others, but that he can mold and master his own will: and things serve him who serves Truth; people seek guidance of him who is master of himself.

And the moments just like now when I wonder if I'll ever be able to be creative and fun and wonderful again. When I wonder how much longer I will be tested by pink bills and last minute suprises in my budget...

If you real desire is to be good, there is no need to wait for the money before you do it; you can do it now, this very moment, and just where you are.

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

what wonderful quotes, thanks for sharing them



please post more baby pics :) nana is in withdrawl