Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the road again

Jon and I talked a lot about what road trips would be like once we had a kid. We knew it would be different but we also knew that as much as we loved to be out and about it was going to be something we would be doing.

In the first year of layla's life there was a lot of short trips to local events and festivals and a small road trip to old town. It's time to move beyond that and it never seems to work out when we make plans with other people because we're planners and it never seems easy to get others to stick to the plan and come with a little spending money for an adventure.

So yesterday I was day dreaming about the ocean and when I got home Jon and I made plans for a very low budget trip to the water with layla. Her first trip to the ocean, since we both have today off, will be a midweek jaunt to Santa Cruz.

So far we're halfway there in the car and she's just starting to doze off to the sound of the highway humming by and a tummy full of vanilla scones.

I think this will be a good day.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm sure it will be a beautiful day. Have fun! Can't wait to see pictures.

Layla's Nana said...

SEND PICS!!! LOL

Lynn said...

I'm sorry I was poor when I came to visit. It wasn't for lack of trying.

A said...

It's not so much that you were poor, it's that everyone always bails for some reason or another. I was not offended by your poorness...if I was offended at all it would have been for something else, as I am poor too.