Friday, September 11, 2009

Autumn Scented

I bought a pumpkin cake scented candle. The Paula Deen one. It was on sale for $3 at Walmart. Mrs. Deen reminds me of my Grandma and pumpkin scents are warm and inviting so I really wanted to fill my home with the smell of Autumn.

It was a good purchase. Thanks Paula.

It sort of chased off my overwhelming desire to have Christmas here RIGHT NOW.

Now I just want it to be Halloween. I think I might go to Starbucks on the way to work tomorrow and get a piece of Pumpkin Bread and a white chocolate mocha and start counting down until Halloween.

I just love Autumn. Once the Autumn rain comes it is officially my favorite time of year. I love rain. I love the colors of the Autumn leaves. I love breezes. The cool night breezes have already started showing up.

Last fall I wasn't working. I would stick Layla in fuzzy feeted jammies, tuck her in the baby wrap and walk around outside in the cool air and hum to myself. I love the wind. It stirs me to comfort. Have you ever been so moved you found peace in yourself?

Now when I hum she hushes me. Now when I wrap her she wants to get down and run. But the breeze, it speaks to her too. I can't wait until there are signs of Autumn that I don't have to create with a $3 candle. I can't wait until the breezes calm her and we can enjoy the outside together.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I completly understand. I have the FALL BUG too. I am just wiating for the universities "organic farm" to start selling apples so that I can start baking yummy goodness like apple bread and apple pie. For now I will make Lemon Blossoms to finish out the warm weather.