Saturday, September 19, 2009

The boss of me

She woke up at 7 a.m. She brought a xylophone to our bedroom, got in our bed a tinked out a good morning song.

She came downstairs and told me she wanted tigger. We watched half a DVD and then she brought me a princess movie and said 'ok now I watch nother ones movies'.

She didn't want breakfast but stole my toast and keeps offering me a drink from her milk cup. In honor of my Saturday morning laziness she is allowed to take honey butter toast fingers and sit at her little table and write with a big girl pen.

She counts the scribbles on her paper, always 13, the highest number she can count to. She pretends to princess dance with a pillow case cape. Then makes me write letters, L-A-Y-L-A.

There is a whirl of quick gibberish as she runs to the TV and stops to stair right as the enchanted music sequence kicks up. She giggles at dancing rats.

Later there will be bath time and a cousins birthday. There will be lunch on the run so we don't have to wait later. There will be cupcakes and sharing. Rules. Later there will be rules.

But not now, now I am content to let her be the boss a little bit.

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

Good for you mommy... let her stretch her imagination!