Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spun

I watched this cooking show once when we had cable where the pastries were art made of sugar and heat. What started as piles of sugar sand, hours later had been paddle stirred, whisked, pulled, cooled and reheated until sand was glass. Edible glass, smooth and colorful.

The most fragile and powerful statement an artist can make... Look at me I took ordinary and made something awe inspiring.

This is what it's like being her mother. There are days when she molds me and days when I mold her and together with daddy we are making art. Life art.

We take something so ordinary and we try to apply pressure and tenderness at all the right points to make her more beautiful and in return, from the process she changed us into something that makes me stand in awe.

But the sugar sand was beautiful before the chef changed it from simple purity to complex creativity.

And although the art is amazing it is no more amazing than it was in it's raw form.

But the process defines us, how we create, what inspires, how we celebrate small triumphs and how we handle the frustration of flaws in our plans.

My creation, created me. More was gained from the journey than I saw coming. And it is beautiful.

2 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

That was just beautiful.

Layla's Nana said...

I agree with Grammi ... beautifully said Allie...
Beautifully done, Bravo~