Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Sugary Christmas

Jon makes jokes that he can always tell when we've had a good night of talking to each other because it usually ends late with us talking about some holiday tradition. If it's in a 3 month radius of Christmas, we're probably going to cover that at some point in the talk.

We did it again the night before Labor Day. At 11 when I crawled upstairs to bed we were just rounding off a nice talk about what things our families did at Christmas.

My family was GREAT at Christmas. I had Christmas' that other kids dreamed about.

So now I have a kid and I'm always trying to balance AMAZING CHRISTMAS EXPERIENCE with reasonable Christmas expectations.

Jon's family did a very traditional and simple Christmas so I am always bouncing things off him to keep myself in check.

But it's not even Halloween and I'm totally ready to stuff some stockings.

This year she will be old enough to get the concept of Christmas.

I can't wait.

I even dreamt about it last night.

No comments: