Friday, June 01, 2007

21 weeks

Last night was a great example of what it is like to be 21 weeks pregnant. By the time I got home from work I was really tired and really wanted garlic. So I ordered a Garlic Chicken Supreme pizza and laid on the couch a bit. Then I got my second wind. I love the 2nd trimester 2nd wind.

My second wind came in the form of a bundt cake. My mother in law gave me her bundt pan (to replace the one I broke) and I struck out on a bundt mission. One of the girls in my scrapbook group last night teased me off and on about how I just whipped up a bundt cake. She thought it was the funniest thing ever. I thought it was tasty.

Last night was scrapbooking and then girl talk with my sister in law. We got pretty carried away with the girl talk and she didn't end up leaving till after 10. Then I went to bed. My hubby had gone out with Batman for a drink and then he was supposed to go to a going away party for work so I enjoyed turning the fan on high and sleeping on top of the comforter. Ah blessed cool air.

I woke up at 1:40 thinking hmm... "it's a wee bit nipply in here" turned down the fan, went pee and then texted my husband (who still wasn't home to make sure he was alive). Then I went back to bed.

I woke up when he came home around 2:30 and I went pee again. The thing is...the second time I went pee I opened my eyes while the light was on. I ended up being awake for over and hour and a half. I kept my husband awake too...talking about nothing important until he started snoring while I was mid sentence.

Eventually, the cat and I got comfortable and we slept till 5:13 when my room mate came home from working a sober grad night. I went pee again. Can't go pee too much when you are pregnant and then back to sleep till 6:30 when the cat stepped on my boob and I awoke to a nice boob cramp. Sigh. Pee again.

I ended up sleeping till the alarm went off at 7 am and making the hubby hit snooze once. Ironically when I got up I didn't have to go pee and I took a shower and did my morning rituals which now have expanded to include weighing myself, putting on stretch mark prevention cream that smells like elmer's glue and standing next to my pile of 5 maternity shirts trying to remember which ones I'd already worn that week while being kicked by a small person who really wanted corn nuts.

That's what it's like at 21 weeks people: energy, weird food, peeing and my personal favorite moving baby all the time (and I do mean all the time)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven. can't wait to do it all over again. :)

Eden said...

how was that bundt cake???? LOL

Layla's Nana said...

Okay... the bug has bitten Nana!!!

I spent my lunch at Nordtroms buying Layla her very first Nordstrom's dress (SIGH) it was heavenly....

This could get addicting and I fear I'll end up in a 12 step program called Nana's Anon!

Cheryl said...

Having a giggle on your behalf. Thanks. :)