Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Baby Questions

I have had a very stressful day. I thought I'd clear my head by getting online and writing about my very stressful day. Then I got here and I couldn't think of a clear way to write what I am thinking about. That seldom happens to me.

Instead of writing about the very stressful day and the very stressful week ahead (which includes a payroll run, being understaffed, a three day conference in another town and a wedding in the opposite direction this weekend) I'm going to talk about something I like talking about... THE BABY!

So I'm going to start with answering some questions from Candace & Anna...

"What scares you most about bringing home a baby?"

I would have to say the thing I am most scared about is not having all the stuff I need done or not having enough money saved for my maternity leave. I'm a planner. I like to know the plan. You can't really plan a baby. I also occassionally worry I'll make a huge mistake or the cat will hurt the baby but mostly I worry about what all married women worry about... the logistics of doing it all.

"How long was I ttc (trying to concieve)?"

Honestly, I got married in Sept and we started trying right off the bat. I've known I had PCOS since long before I got married (I started having cysts in the 12th grade). Jon and I knew that trying to get pregnant with PCOS was going to be hard. We also had been told staying pregnant would be hard. On top of that my Dr flat out told us that the longer we waited the worse my odds were being as I only have one functioning ovary. So we started trying the first night.

Drs don't know everything. Jon and I have no trouble getting pregnant. We've done it three times since last February. We did have a lot of trouble staying pregnant. Although I'm cursed with low progesterone levels; I'm blessed with a body that tells me within a day or two of concieving that I am pregnant. The first baby we lost before we knew that I had low levels. The second baby we lost because of a vacation at a bad time. The third baby we'll be naming Layla when she is born in early Oct.

"Have you started working on the nursery?"

Yes and no. We have room mate who is supposed to move out by August 1st. Her room is becoming an office. The room that is currently an office is becoming the nursery. Because of the need to play musical furniture once she leaves we can't really set up the nursery. Having said that, I have my bedding, all my furniture and a lovely bucket of paint. The hubby has already started painting furniture. Hopefully, by the time the room mate leaves all the furniture will be done and I'll be able set up my nursery in one day. There are still a lot of things we need but furniture and bedding... we're all set on that.

And that's the end of the baby questions. Please feel to ask more questions if you have them and tune in tomorrow when I answer all the questions about my religion.

No comments: