Friday, June 15, 2007

23 Weeks

This week has been the worst week imaginable. Poor little Layla has been living in the travel center known as mom. I spent Monday planning for the worst with an employee going out on leave at work and then I left Monday night for a three day training session in a town a few hours away. Three days of hotel food, 8 hour seminar days and lots and lots of bad food later I packed my stuff into my car in the 105 degree heat and headed back home.

My husband has been in his own whirlwind, preparing for our friends K & J wedding this weekend and trying to keep me from breathing into paper bags. Right now he's at home doing laundry in a house where the air conditioning doesn't seem to be working correctly.

The landlord promised someone would be out to fix the air yesterday...today in my livingroom it was 86 degrees...too bad the thermostat was set to 68... sigh.

Tonight after work I'm going to do something I haven't done since I got pregnant. I'm going to get my nails done and get a pedicure. I think I earned it with my horrible week, plus they have air conditioning there. Then we're going out to dinner where there will also be air conditioning and then after that to play pool (one of my favorite things to do) where there is ... you guessed it... air conditioning.

As for Layla, she's fine. She likes wiggling more and more as time goes on and she's taken to making me cough unexpectedly by bouncing off my lungs when I least expect it. She moves more when I eat spicy foods or drink frozen drinks. But right now, we're both hot...so if you need me I'll be taking a nap in the storage room at work with my head in the freezer.

No comments: