Friday, June 22, 2007

24 weeks

112 days of pregnancy left to go. It feels like so little time. I remember when 20 weeks seemed so far along. I tell people all the time that it feels like I just got pregnant. Wasn't that last week when I was getting hormones and peeing on sticks...no? Dang it feels like last week.

But, I must be far along in the process because Layla has taken up playing rugby in my tummy at 3 am. It's cute really. She played rugby yesterday from 4 am till 4 pm. Then she slept all night. I did too... because I felt like I had been sent to the meat tenderizer.

24 weeks feels a lot like waiting. Waiting to decorate, waiting for your husband to paint things, waiting for baby showers and mostly waiting to see those ten tiny toes in person.

I crave buffalo wings and I wait. I re-arrange the furniture by proxy and I wait. I plan and I wait. I have a pepsi and I wait. I was the kid who always talked people into giving me my Christmas presents early. I am the adult that lets the kids have birthday gifts a month ahead of time so they can enjoy them. Waiting isn't my thing.

But 24 weeks brings lots of things I didn't know I had in me...the waiting, the being ok with being kicked constantly, the new found love of cucumbers with vinegar on them and naps.

Wonder what next week will bring?

1 comment:

Eden said...

I dont know how you pregnant people do it...I cant wait for ANYTHING!!!! I cant believe you are almost there!!! When is the shower...maybe you already had it and didnt invite me??? LOL...I still have the clothes in my car. They are probably going to need a washing because I have smoked in the car. SORRY :(