Monday, June 25, 2007

Too Good

Sometimes, the worst thing to be is good at your job. This morning I had a meeting with one of the execs at my company. Then an employee was selected for termination and I had to run their paperwork. That employee was my brother-in-law.

He tried to call on his way to his meeting with his boss. I didn't answer the phone. I was professional with my prep of paperwork. I was professional with the company exec and then I was open and honest with him in a professional manner.

I was proud of myself for maintaining company policy so well. But, a little piece of my heart broke.

4 comments:

Candace said...

That must have been really difficult! Good for you for staying professional.

niobe said...

That must have been so hard. How is he taking it? Does he have other job prospects?

Cheryl said...

That's sad. Good for you, though.

Mimi's Toes said...

Wow, that must have been hard. I can remember quitting a job once because my co-worker was fired for no reason, so I felt bad for her and walked out with her, sort of like Jerry McGuire.