Saturday, June 09, 2007

22 Weeks & Planning Ahead

Yesterday, I was on the phone with a girlfriend when I said "now that I'm in my second trimester". The girlfriend on the phone quickly told me... "you're almost out of your second trimester I think you can stop refering to it like you barely made it to the first week."

Holy crap. In four more weeks, I'll be in the third trimester. I'll be in the home stretch. I'm in my 5th month. I can't believe it's been 5 months. I'm almost in my 6th month which is even more strange to me.

Layla now has a gender, a name and a personality all her own. She's long and she always lays in the same position. She has gone from being something vague in the back of my mind to being a part of my life I can't imagine living without.

Annie over at Where the Green Grass Grows asked me last week "has it hit you yet that you are somebodies mom?" Yes. Yes it has. It did very early on... probably because the fear of losing her was so high. But even more so, it is occuring to me everyday that she is my child. That she is Layla who likes it when I eat spicy food, who only likes laying on my right side and who gets a blast out of kicking the cat when the cat is purring on my lap.

I can't believe how far we've made it... my daughter & I.

No comments: