Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All moved in... pictures soon

I can’t find the baby’s toothbrush, the shower curtain sucks and the stairs are quite a workout on the arse but we’re all moved in.

It took several days, lots of boxes, a few good friends and about 300 trips up or down a stair case while panting and holding something covered with dust and slightly larger than my arm span but we’ve done it.
I must give incredible thanks to my husband who probably topped my 300 trips up the stairs and 30 trips in the car back and forth in a car filled with stuff three fold. Jon slaved in over 100 degree heat, mostly by himself for several days even when 2 of them involved getting up at 3 am and then moving stuff until at least 10 pm. I owe him.

We’re not all decorated, put away and cleaned up but I’m getting closer by the hour, baby permitting. We were blessed in that my mom was willing to take a no pay day at work to play Nana Distraction while we moved copious amounts of crap. She also unpacked, made beds and made jokes when I really wanted to scream (and even more that one time I went to the garage and actually screamed)

The babies room is adorable. Her crib fit in great with the spare bed and the little butterflies already on the wall. Once I get everything hung up in there I will post pictures.

Our room took a little more plugged in capacity, squeezing our bed, the office desk and the bookshelf into one space and suddenly sharing a closet but we managed smashingly and even have some extra floor.

I put my dresser in the hallway using it fill a strange void and to store my clothing was a handy alternative to bumping into it every day at the foot of the bed.
Downstairs the living room fit wonderfully into the space we had, we even got to the put the piano someplace were it looks nice. And as for the dining room, we might even ACTUALLY dine in there now that the table and high chair fit so nicely.
My kitchen was the first thing unpacked and yet it still feels not like my kitchen. Perhaps it’s because I haven’t fired up a burner yet and gotten my sauté on. But don’t you worry, more recipes will be up on FatGirlEats now that I can cook without worrying about where the baby is all the time.

Between the attic storage, the garage and the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs we’ve got plently of storage with room to spare and even more impressive, room for my car in the garage. Yay Us!

And we did most of it with a smile on our faces. There is something to be said for that.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You have a Harry Potter cupboard? That's so cool, (well if you are a dork like me). Sorry I didn't call you back last night, long conversation with my maternal unit.
p.s. I can't wait to see the pictures of the new place, at least I got to drive by the outside right? lol

Courtney said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see it!