Friday, August 08, 2008

Day 6- Look mom no hands

Today was spent packing rubber maid tubs with scrapbooking supplies, books we never read and baby items she's too big for. The baby room is officially packed. The first room of it's kind. By the end of tonight, the office will also be officially packed (except the PC we're addicted and would die without email, blogger and myspace).

Jon matched up all the tubs to their lids so they are spread out across the great room floor, scattered amoungst them are toys that aren't being picked up, scraps of paper that floated in and a pretty good sized dust bunny. We're moving. The cleaning around here as gone to BARE minimum. Which pretty much means cleaning up spills, trash and dishes and leaving everything else for 7 days to collect dust and grime.

Tomorrow is filled with birthday parties. Fish will be turning 30 and my newest Godson will be turning toddler (technically his birthday isn't until the 19th so he's really not turning anything). So during the day I'll pack some and then I'll be off to the small town of Crowslanding for bar-b-que, BS and probably a little beer and baby talk. (talking about beer not drinking it...please for the love of god stop judging me lol). Then I'll be off to Fish's birthday party while Grandma Teri watches my lovely daughter sleep. Ok so she'll probably watch TV while the baby sleeps but still that's the general idea.

Sunday, we meet the new landlord to hand over our lease, deposit check (second half) and arrange to get our keys. The utilities are ready to change over, the cable service is officially signed up to be moved and the checking account feels like a big man in a little coat.

I love summer. Something about heat amplifies the family drama, moving drama, financial drama and the overwhelming desire to sleep in.

There is news of multiple kinds on the job front. Things are rolling around in my head like marbles in a shoe box.

And yet, tonight while my husband works, my child sleeps and I should be packing... I'll probably just be longingly surfing the internet trying to think about nothing.

No comments: