Friday, August 29, 2008

New Townhouse Upstairs- Layla's Room

Welcome to the babies room... This is our book basket. I think books are very important so we have them everywhere... in the car, in the toybox, by the bed, and on the shelves... Her Grandma Teri made that cute stool which we'll be using when we start standing to brush our teeth. (The room came with butterflies on it (by the way))

This is Layla's corner with her crib in it (the book basket is behind the crib and beyond that a wall length closet). The rocking chair is the one my mother rocked me in and now I rock Layla in it sometimes. The blanket my dad had custom made for her. And yes... she is free standing in the crib with no hands and I do feel old.
This is the spare bed. We managed to get it into Layla's room. Behind it hangs her first feet/hand prints and a cross we got at her baby dedication. It's pretty cute. These are the stuffies that I've let her keep for now... there are already too many.
The other corner houses her bookshelf, her piggy bank collection, and some pictures of her cousins. (plus toys and a hamper)
The wall with her dresser and changing table on it is covered with colorful frames (right now with no pictures in them) but which will soon house family pictures once I retake them with the right people in the right position to fit in the frame.

And that's Layla's room. It's strategically placed so that as soon as she can walk we'll move her to the big spare bed, get rid of the crib and changing table and she'll have room to play. Good thinking no?

1 comment:

Teaseburger said...

Your home looks wonderful!!! I love it!!! You have done a great job, Gater!!