Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wow... Is it Friday already?

I feel like this week blew by in a blur. Charter had to come 5 times to fix the cable at our new townhouse but it appears to finally be working correctly and consistantly. All that waiting for Charter between baby meals, baby baths and baby mischief made for a wickedly tired week.

Tonight we'll be celebrating Jon's birthday with a group of friends. We're going out for steaks and possibly a couple games of pool and some beer. My daughter will be staying with Nana Lorrie so I can enjoy myself without worrying about bedtime and baths being missed.

It's the start of the 2nd birthday season around here. Cousin Faith's & my Godson Pheonix's birthdays just past and this week is Jon's and little cousin Marliegh turns the big 1-0! Then September holds a step-in-laws, my mother, Layla, Melissa, Collin, and of course Miss Layla with the first week of October being GodFather George, and Cousin Nevaeh's birthday as well. I think I'll invest in Hallmark soon.

Did I mention that my second anniversary is coming up too?? No, I think I skipped that. I'm thinking about a day at the beach with the hubby and the baby so we can take her to the sand/surf for the first time and we can get out of the house. I think we'll try for a mid-week trip depending on when Jon's days off are so that we don't have to fight the crowds in Monterey or Capitola. Or maybe we'll go to Santa Cruz....

Who's got a good travel recommendation??

2 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

Ah-hm, Dad's girlfriend 9/15... &:)

Krista said...

I highly recommend Capitola. Free parking near the police station and a clean public restrooms nearby. I just went a few weeks ago and had a blast! Be prepared for traffic though.