Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Day 9 & Counting

I know you're all just dying to hear about the packing, cursing and oreo eating at our house. So this is you next installment in the life and times of the relluctantly relocating.

Today I gave verbal and written notice to our current landlord (who has always been an overcontrolling weirdo) and when I did she told me she was "sorry to lose us because we're such good tenants". I rebuttled with thanks but with the economy the way it is the rent here is too high and we just can't do it.

Then she asked me a bunch of questions about the inside of the house, when we'd be moving, the neighbors and my personal favorite... whether or not I'd ever been to the Jelly Belly Factory. I told you she's odd.

Then I came in the house and dropped an email to a potential employer and paid my cell phone bill. Exciting times of an unemployed adult I tell you. We're out of empty boxes so we'll be done packing for a day or two until Jon can meet up with a friend of ours who recently moved and steal all his old boxes.

Instead today I plan on baking cupcakes (because I can), taking a shower that's long enough to shave my legs (because Jon is home and I can) and going to the store to buy butter and AA batteries (because I can send my husband when I decide I'm too lazy to do it).

Today is also the day I plan to update my recipe blog, locate my lost favorite earrings and determine what food in refrigerator is really gross and needs to be thrown away. Can you anticipate the excitement in the air? Me either. Let's fake it until we make it... ok?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 9 days' notice? How'd you get away with that?!?

A said...

No we gave a months notice we're just moving in 9 days...we'll have a little overlap.

Courtney said...

I have about 10 or so empty rubbermaid containers if you'd like to use them. Just let me know and I'll bring them by.

Havok said...

sorry haven't been home, but those oxes are there for ya