Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 3- Anything but Packing


Today I would have been packing but my good friend has been down visiting from Washington for a month and this is her last week. She'll be leaving back towards Washington on Friday when we're moving everything we own. Layla is in love with her son and I think she will be heartbroken and I will understand because I will be heartbroken as well, it's been nice having a friend like this one so close to home for awhile. I'm not-so-secretly hoping she's planning on moving back home. But, she's probably not doing that soon so I'm keeping my hopes nice and luke warm.
So today instead of a day with my boxes and tape I drove to the town I grew up in, picked her up and brought her back to Turlock where we ate lunch, watched the kids play and talked about everything from "getting crazy with the cheez whiz" to highschool to both our latest family drama. She got to know my hubby better which was awesome and I got to tease my God son.

It was a great day.

No comments: