Friday, April 13, 2007

14 weeks


According to pregnancy webpages today Sprout looks a lot like the baby above. Tranquil, laying in a little pool of fluid, growing in peace and enjoying the warmth of my body. Not my sprout, Sprout has suddenly taken to bouncing around behind my belly button. Sprout's a small flutter similar to someone giving your butterfly kisses on the inside of your stomach. Sprout makes me want to scream and itch.
I admit I'm pretty lucky as a pregnant person. It scares me that I don't have symptoms sometimes, but for the most part I am blessed. I am blessed with heartburn, exhaustion (but only after 9 pm) and burping. I tend to only throw up when the dishes smell funny in the sink and I have to walk past them, like this morning.
For some reason my subconscience has started calling Sprout a he. But when I dream I dream of a girl in pink socks. I guess we'll just have to wait until the next sonogram to find out for sure.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Exhaustion only after 9 pm? Wow. I went to bed at 7 pm last night, and I still fell asleep at my desk today. :) Enjoy yourself! I loved feeling Ben bubble around in there. I had a Pepsi one afternoon because I was so tired and needed a pick-me-up. And he got the hiccups or something. It felt like a popcorn popper going off behind my belly button. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. It was amazing.

Anns said...

Too strange, I have never seen your blog before and just happened to stumble in and notice that our babies have the same name!

Good luck at the next u/s!

Anns