Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Logan "who needs a middle name"

So I thought long and hard about not posting this because the other name thing blew up into huge proportions but I had already written it so hopefully it will go over better...

Girl names came easily for Jon and I. Our girl name had been decided long before we were married. But boy names, boy names were all together different for us. We both liked the name Elijah but for several reasons (a cousin with the same name, my dad's inability so spell or say it correctly, and it being a biblical first name) I leaned away from the name about a month before I got pregnant. Jon didn't particularly care.

I like names that mean something. I like names that sound like rock names. I like names that aren't "after someone". I like names that can't be shortened into other names (Alexander=Alex). I like names that sound eloquent with our last name. I had a lot of options.

For a few weeks now I've been randomly saying boy names to Jon. "how about such and such?" Every single name except Logan has been vetod or given the "i guess". I guess is married person for... "if we don't have another option".

I like the meaning of Logan. Logan is gaelic for "from inside my hollows". I'm sure they mean the place hollow, like a meadow. But I like the literal translation. I like to think about what comes from inside the hollows of a person. That's just me. So officially last night we had decided if it's a boy it will be a Logan.

This boy will share his name with Wolverine, the boyfriend on Gilmore Girls and even another kid we know. Lucky him.

What we haven't picked is a middle name. There are two options right now but we're open to more so if you have a middle name that sounds good with Logan and a last name that starts with a J and ends with an eeee sound please leave it in the comments.

The two we're toying around with right now are...

Logan Gabrial which means "from inside my hollows, God is my strength"
or perhaps
Logan Elijah which means "from inside my hollows, the Lord is my God"

3 comments:

Eden said...

I like Logan Ryan.

Anonymous said...

I have a special place for Elijah because my sister is having an Elijah in June (or thereabouts)... I like Logan Ryan too.... I've always liked Ryan... (of course there is a story behind it!)

Krista said...

I like Logan Elijah. Yes, I'm just now getting to this, okay?? lol :P