Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sprout Stats

So today was the 12 week appt. It was a good and fast appt. My OBGYN was out delivering a baby when I got there so I got to see the midwife I never see and then the midwife I always see. Because I switched to a midwife instead of waiting for a Dr my usual 20 minute wait plus wait time till the Dr came back turned into a 2 minute wait and immediately seeing the training midwife. Sweet!

I asked a few questions. I declined a few medical tests that I don't think offer much benefit. She found the heartbeat the first try (147 bpm- give or take) and she said I had about 3 pounds of Sprout in me by now (from rough feel) and I had lost 5 lbs so really I had lost about 8 lbs of me. She said to eat more. Then she sent me home.

She did pull me off the "high risk list" and put me to "medium risk" which means I should limit my heavy lifting of 15lbs or more and no doing the deed till my next appt but I can walk around now and I can breath a sigh of relief. I also came off the prometrium which will be nice because it makes me feel all sorts of weepy.

My next appt is May 2nd. After that we'll schedule an u/s to see if Sprout is a Logan or a Layla.

4 comments:

Eden said...

YAY!!! Good News!!!

Christine said...

Woo Hoo! Doing the happy, healthy baby boogie for ya! ;)

Cheryl said...

Heck yeah. That's awesome. I like Logan Elijah.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!! Yippee!!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!