Thursday, April 19, 2007

280 Days

According to the lovely people that made my pregnancy ticker over there in the side margin, the average pregnancy is 280 days long. Of those 280 days I am officially 37% of the way done. I'm over the 100 day mark (officially at 104 days pregnant) with 176 lovely days of incubating left. Give or take a few days depending on how much Sprout likes the space that's been allocated for growing.

I officially feel like I'm not even close to a third of the way done so when people say things like "wow you're a week from your 4th month" I tend to have to look at a calendar and count the weeks and months before I can agree with them. I guess that's one of the perks of not feeling incredibly sick during the first trimester.

I think the main thing that has dropped my anxiety level is that although I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, Sprout has already taken to jumping around like a little jumping bean when I first wake up in the morning and sometimes when I go to bed at night. Nothing regular but it's reassuring. Also that baby doppler was the smartest thing I ever bought. I bet it's been a month since I talked to my husband about fears of miscarrying.

Now my big fears revolve around having savings, planning ahead and finally picking a paint color for the crib and baby room furniture. Coffee brown, chocolate brown or white? I can't decide. No really, I can't decide.

In another 4-5 weeks we'll know if sprout is a flower or a fern. I talk about that step like it's a non-reality. I can't fathom knowing...and yet I can't wait to know. So instead I'm going to start forcusing some energy on my sister-in-law's baby shower as soon as she lets me. That will be nice and distracting for at least 20 of the 176 days I have left.

If that doesn't work I can always pay attention to the fact that the hubby and I have plans every single weekend from now until the 14th of July. But, where's the fun in that??

2 comments:

Eden said...

did you count our wedding on 7/7/07?

Anonymous said...

My birthday is 7/21, so there's one more weekend for you. :) I know it's not technically on your calendar, but hey, it's something you can think about for one more week. :)

Yes, I'm still here. Thanks for checking on me. I have just gotten really busy at work, and since that's where I usually read and post, I haven't had a lot of time to do it. Of the 50 or so blogs that I read, I have only perused about 5 of them this week... but I'm all caught up with you now!

Thanks again for your note. I feel loved.