Sunday, November 02, 2008

Void

There is a little rumble in the bottom of my heart. This month will be a HARD month financially for the family and I am not looking forward to the chaos that will come with having NO money for a period of time. It also marks the last month of my UI benefits and I'll have to try and getting the ever ellusive EXTENSION. I am not looking forward to that.

I'm easy to frustrate and panic when money is this tight and I know it. I feel like I'm walking around with an egg trying not to break it while I struggle with day to day things that could and would be much easier if I just got both hands free.

I clamber for something to do that would relax me. Cleaning no longer works, cooking no longer works, I can't sleep well, I read...but so fast that it's not giving me calm because I'm constantly yearning for more to read. I try to pray... but that makes me feel the void even more.

If this is a test... I'll be lucky if I skim past it with a passing grade. How's that for Christian honesty?

2 comments:

Candace said...

I know what you are saying. I look forward to this time of year with all of the holidays but things are so tight tht I am worried this year. I want to be able to wow Anna and things are just not going to allow it. I just sat and made a wish list on Toys R Us just for fun lol.

If you want to save money the best place to do it is in the grocery budget. I have a few places that I download coupons onto my Kroger card and it is amazing how much it helps. I got the paper today and it had a LOT of coupons in it. Let me know if you need/want more info.

I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Eden said...

I just got my extension and it is super easy. You just call, tell them you need the extension, they ask you a few questions and there you go. Its the same basic questions they ask you the first time. Have you looked for work, are you available for work, blah blah blah...I also go to this neat website that basically tells you the deals with what coupons to use and sometimes you even make money back. Its amazing how much you can save and its kind of fun. I can spend HOURS comparing the deals and getting all my coupons ready. Here is the website http://www.afullcup.com