Sunday, November 16, 2008

What now?

I know some of you are still hanging on in suspense about my little job interview with the J O B on Friday. Well let me tell ya...

I'm done. There is nothing left for me to do... why you ask?

Because they are doing a background check and testing my references and if they come back normal (which they should) then they'll make me pee in a cup and I will start the first week of December.

They didn't give an offer letter but she told me "we'd like to hire you pending a background check and a drug screen". She told me about the benefits and the pay.

Funny thing... I have another job offer pending. Isn't that how it goes?

This offer is literally 2 blocks from my home and the hours are good and the pay is ok. It's literally just enough.

The other position is a 30 minute commute but they pay is a little better. The hours are a little better too but at a weird time of day.

So I'm going to take job 1 unless job 2 offers me untold amounts of money or PTO or something. Because...well job 1 is looking closer to a sure thing first AND it's 2 blocks from where my baby will be.

Lunches at home & what not are very appealing now that I'm a mother.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

When it rains it pours! Despite higher pay with job 2, you have to factor in time, gas, etc. Job 1 sounds like it would be better in the long run.

Keep us posted.