Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 * A List *



If you know me well, you know I don't make New Year's Resolutions. Resolving to change is like drawing a line in the sand, if I want to change I just do it. And as for that whole "it's a new year now is the time to change" sentiment, well I am just not falling for that. Any time, this moment, is a good time to change...but so is any other moment. Change is something people can do at any time, free will and all that rubbish, so I see no point in giving myself a to do list and then spending 12 months gradually getting less and less diligent about it until I finally just give it up all together.
But, there are some things I'd like to try to do in this upcoming year. So I figure, that's the kind of list that I would start making.
1. Prepare for the birth of our new baby.
2. Meet baby Anyah and introduce Layla to the joys and trials of being a big sister.
3. Travel up and visit Mel and Garratt for a change instead of them always having to come down to us.
4. Get back on the right financial foot.
5. Work on my book.
6. Reconnect with the 2 or 3 friends that I don't see nearly enough and actually miss.
7. Figure out some sort of date night tradition so that I spend time alone with my husband.
8. Give breast feeding a go.
9. Put Layla in some sort of play group or activity (dance, swimming, gymnastics, story time...something) in the spring/summer.
10. Get back on the day road trip band wagon.
11. Find a better source for locally grown food.
12. Go back to cooking, like I love to do, in my kitchen as much as possible.
13. Take Layla to do some cool, local inexpensive things... the zoo, old town, some festivals.
What about you? What would you like to try out this year?

No comments: